As the third most populated state, Florida is a popular travel and living destination in the southern U.S. People often flock there for its warm climate and abundance of beaches. Shane Lowney is among the lucky residents who were born and raised in the beautiful city of Tampa. Here are a few fun facts about the North American paradise:
1. Florida is the only state that borders both the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean.
2. Move over Oklahoma, because Florida is actually the flattest state in the U.S. at an elevation of a mere 100 ft.
3. Florida is the second largest producer of citrus fruits – such as the famous Florida Orange – in the world and the first in the U.S.
4. America’s location for launching space crafts is located in Cape Canaveral, Florida.
5. The popular electrolyte enhanced beverage Gatorade originated in Florida where it was named after its place of creation – The University of Florida Gators.
6. There are only a few rivers that flow North instead of South. One of them – The Saint John’s River is located in Florida.
7. The diving capital of the world is located in Key Largo, Florida.
8. The only place to successfully inhabit both crocodiles and alligators is at the Everglades National Park.
9. The first suntan lotion was invented in Miami using a substance called red veterinary petrolatum.
10. More than 60% of the U.S.’s Oranges are from Florida.
Shane Lowney and his wife Christine are both proud Florida natives. While they enjoy traveling abroad, nothing is better to them than their home in Tampa.
Get more updates at : Shane Lowney Profiles | Facebook