Ever dreamt of traveling abroad or are about to make that dream a reality? Making the voyage and experiencing a new culture is one of the most rewarding experiences life can offer. Shane Lowney and his wife Christine are seasoned travelers and follow a few simple guidelines that ensure their journeys are always a success.
- Make sure to acquire or renew a passport. This is essential as one simply cannot travel anywhere outside the U.S. without a valid passport. Also make sure other forms of identification that may be required are up to date such as driver’s licenses.
- It doesn’t hurt to make a list of things that will be needed on the trip. This will not only serve as a tool for making sure nothing gets left behind but will also help avoid over packing or bringing things that take up space unnecessarily.
- Make an itinerary. Although it may sound like it could limit one’s experiences, making an itinerary actually does the opposite. An itinerary will help to keep time prioritized so the things which are most important get accomplished. This is especially helpful if working with limited time.
- Do some research on the destination. Chances are, if planning to spend the time and money to travel somewhere a light amount of research has already been done. However, make sure to also research some of the area’s customs in an attempt to avoid accidentally offending someone.
- Try to learn the language. While most popular travel destinations include translations for English only speaking visitors, it doesn’t hurt to try to have some knowledge of basic greetings at least.
Shane Lowney and his wife Christine have visited New Zealand, Australia, London, and Spain and are planning a trip to Germany.
Visit https://in.pinterest.com/shanelowney/ to know more